Kratos is a world leader in providing Space Domain Awareness (SDA) radio frequency data using our worldwide network of sensors. Come join our dynamic, Agile work environment in Colorado Springs as a SATCOM Support Supervisor within the Kratos Ground Sensors Network (KGSN) business unit, helping provide SDA data to US Government, Commercial and International customers. You will work with a team of SATCOM Field Technicians to maintain, sustain and upgrade ~20 sites deployed around the world, each site populated with SATCOM equipment to include antennas, modems, computer network equipment, radio frequency (RF) equipment and digital signal processing systems.
The qualified candidate(s) will manage a small team of SATCOM Field Technicians to maintain, sustain, and upgrade these KGSN systems. Key responsibilities include designing, installing, and sustaining SATCOM ground station systems for KGSN, and ensure all objectives are met. Tasks include analyzing internal and customer support requirements, developing system/sub-system specifications, synthesizing SATCOM solutions, generating, and executing teleport development plans. Field Technicians are responsible for the full SATCOM system lifecycle, from installation, test, operations, sustainment, and retirement.
This position interfaces with customers, product vendors, service providers and co-workers to align efforts with company priorities and in accordance with project milestones and constraints. Position requires travel, up to 50%, to worldwide site locations. The SATCOM Support Supervisor is expected to be highly self-reliant, able to resolve unforeseen issues in austere environments with limited external support, able to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Manage and mentor a 2–3-person team of SATCOM Field Technicians. Provide training and guidance to new team members.
• Plan and execute satellite communications teleport installations
• Support satellite communications operations to provide service to the KGSN and its customers
• Conduct preventative and corrective maintenance on satellite communications ground and teleport systems
• Generate varied site design products such as system & sub-system specifications, CONOPS diagrams, site, system drawings and test plans/reports
• Act as a self-starter in creating quality and responsive solutions meeting company and customer satellite communications technical and operational network performance requirements
• Actively participate in and/or lead projects as assigned to achieve company goals
• Plan and execute shipping and related logistics tasks to support field development activities; work with shipping companies to ensure KGSN equipment is available on time for site buildout and sustainment needs
• Work closely with KGSN network operations staff to validate operations policies and procedures
• Engage and coordinate with 3rd party vendors to acquire material and/or service solutions required to meet buildout and network requirements
• Execute terminal system setup, configuration, and testing
• Conduct system anomaly investigation and resolution to support network operations
• Create and maintain user and in-house technical documentation
• Create and maintain knowledge base articles / technical notes as solutions are identified
• Performs work center additional duties and logistics activities to include forward supply point, bench stock inventories and ordering
• Prioritize time and projects, working independently
• Provide on call support