CTT, a Kratos' company, is looking for a QA Manager for their San Jose office.
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) develops and fields transformative, affordable technology, platforms, and systems for United States National Security related customers, allies, and commercial enterprises.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
Kratos offers medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and more.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for the planning, managing, and technical performance of the Quality Assurance (QA) program. Directs all phases of QA including developing, evaluating, implementing, and monitoring quality management policies, principles and standards, such as ISO-9000 or similar quality systems, to ensure compliance with customer/product standards and governmental regulatory requirements. Manages the QA team including hiring, training and coaching of team members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Direct QA activities including planning, implementing, and managing technical performance to ensure quality and financial objectives are attained.
• Develop and implement defined and specific standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of company products.
• Design and analyze inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conduct quality assurance tests; and perform statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
• Coordinate safety and environmental compliance reviews.
• Align QA program for the unit(s) with the corporate QA internal and external audit program, corrective action system, Quality Assurance Records Center, maintenance of QA manuals and procedures, QA policies and procedures, measuring and test equipment calibration program, and inspection laboratories.
• Audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Investigate issues and develop innovative and practical solutions to complex technical and quality problems ensuring that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
• Participate in reviewing engineering designs to contribute quality requirements and considerations.
• Collaborate with management to develop and implement current and annual technical, schedule, quality, and financial objectives for the QA program(s) to ensure strategic business objectives are met. May also participate in the development of annual and long-term objectives for the organization.
• Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by directing and participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required management, professional, and technical talent.
• May act as a primary QA spokesperson with line management, program managers, technical staff, customers, and government regulators.
• Oversee the development of and ensure the security of proprietary technology while maintaining the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Other duties as assigned or required.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.