Synthetic Training Systems Engineer
The Synthetic Training Systems Engineer is responsible for the lifecycle systems engineering support to various synthetic training solutions for international customers. Support will focus on configuration and management the synthetic training simulation baseline interfaces to numerous Navy, Joint, and Coalition Live Virtual and Constructive (LVC) training systems employing distributed modeling and simulation technologies. The simulation baseline contains the core simulation application as well as other common simulation tools and interfaces.
The engineering staff provides systems engineering solutions for the integration of live, virtual and constructive simulation technologies. These technologies are used to support certification requirements and consist of synthetic training and mission certification events between pier side ships, virtual trainers and training centers during LVS (Live Virtual Constructive) events.
The Systems Engineer performs and perfects technical systems administration activities in order to provide a stable and consistent Enterprise Training Network for LVS events, simulation baseline release testing environment, and various other integration testing activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Must have a thorough understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems and be able to use advanced capabilities such as (but not limited to): scripting, network interface configuration, device configuration, domain management, file sharing/mapping, etc.
- Installs new simulation baseline software releases, upgrades, and patches
- Evaluates and resolves moderately complex software related problems
- Uses systems management software to monitor servers and applications, troubleshooting problems and coordinating with other teams when problems occur
- Coordinates with software developers in order to enhance effectiveness of existing M&S toolset as well as to identify candidate controlling and monitoring processes that can be streamlined and automated by simulation baseline software efforts
- Supports site upgrades, audits, and other evaluations
- Develops and maintains technical architecture, configuration, and status documentation
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources