Kratos is a leading supplier of communication solutions (RF, DSP, and digital) for US Government and commercial aerospace applications including satellites, UAVs, aircraft, tactical radios, waveforms, SATCOM terminal technologies, launch, operate, maintain, and assure communications superiority for critical aerospace missions. Our customers trust Kratos to solve their most difficult communications challenges.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, solve hard problems, and take care of our customers, employees, and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative aerospace solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners, and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Systems Engineer in our Edge / Tactical Solutions group based out of Chantilly, VA. The Lead Systems Engineer will be the technical lead for projects that deploy our cloud-based OpenSpace SDN solutions for tactical edge communication applications (SATCOM ground terminals/gateways and multi-access edge compute (MEC) deployments). The successful candidate will work with the design and development teams as the technical authority for projects, facilitate coordination of cross-functional engineering teams, and have a strong background in either digital communications or software defined networking. Hybrid remote/in-person work options are available.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead highly technical engineering teams on challenging projects and manage project technical baselines.
- Work directly with customers and Kratos engineers to perform requirements analysis/design trade-offs and develop solutions in accordance with system/product architectures.
- Develop and deliver effective customer presentations (design reviews, status reports, kickoff meetings, test plans) demonstrating an ability to communicate comfortably at a system level.
- Deciphers technical requirements and allocates them to the appropriate engineering teams.
- Assesses project technical risks and provides mitigation plans.
- Interface directly with customers to ensure project requirements are met and ensure our performance exceeds customer expectations
- Work with program management to scope and estimate new efforts as needed.
- Travel as necessary to attend conferences and customer meetings (10%).