Experience and Skills
- US Citizenship required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering (Aero, Mechanical) from an accredited university
- Programming experience in multiple languages (C/C++, Java, C#, .NET, or similar)
- Experience with Linux administration (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, etc)
- MS in Computer Science or Engineering (Aero, Mechanical)
- Existing DoD security clearance
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Agile development principles
- Experience with Fortran and/or Python
- Experience with scientific computing
- Experience with selecting, procuring, and managing HPC systems
Job Specific Behaviors
- Attention to detail - Utilizes established monitoring system(s), ensures accuracy of reports through peer reviews
- Planning and Organization -Systematically identifies issues to be addressed and plans a course of action for self and others to ensure the accomplishment of specific objectives
- Technical Expertise - Possesses and applies professional/technical knowledge, skills, experience, and judgment to accomplish a result, serve customers better, and contribute to the organization’s intellectual capital.
- Communicates with Impact - Expresses thoughts and ideas effectively in individual and group situations; adjusts language to the needs of the audience. Ideas are clearly defined in grammatically correct written communication.
Work Environment & Conditions
This position involves work in an office and laboratory environment and could require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including:
- Safety glasses
- Hearing protection (varies based on tasks)
- Protective shoes
In performing the work for this position, the candidate must be able to:
- Perform work utilizing a computer for extended periods of time
- Perform expected duties associated with working in a standard office environment
What We Can Offer You
Rest and Relaxation - Generous vacation to start plus company paid holidays.
Comprehensive Health Benefits –Medical (BCBS & Cigna), Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts, and Wellness
Prepare for the Future - 401(k) with generous company match
Professional Development - Tuition assistance program, Employee recognition program, and Leadership development program
Employee Resource Groups - Local and Enterprise employee-led volunteer groups to create community, awareness, impact, and to support a culture where everyone belongs.
Relocation: - This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
A Piece of the Company:
Kratos offers an Employee Stock Purchase Program with 15% discount and look back feature.
Kratos Defense is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. EOE, Minorities, Females, Vet, Disabled, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity or any other protected class.
All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply. Kratos Defense is committed to America's veterans by providing opportunities for them to continue contributing after service to our nation. We also work to provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
EEO Is The Law
Disability Accessibility Accommodation
If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our careers site, please send your request to HRAccessibility@kratosdefense.com or call 858-964-2916. Any inquires not related to requesting an accommodation will be discarded.
The company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For applicants in the EU and California residents, please review our privacy notice.