Kratos is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. We are a trusted partner—driven by doing the right thing and achieving maximum success for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
Kratos is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. Customers trust us to stay relevant and know we are in it for the long-haul. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on. And, we always deliver.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our nation and global customers through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us. We continually build trusted relationships with our peers, our partners and customers, and we take ownership for our actions—always doing the right thing.
We have an incredible opportunity for an Information Systems Technician to make a significant impact on our team! This is an on-site position located at our beautiful Colorado Springs facility.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs supporting the company infrastructure business processes and operations and/or network-based (cloud) product systems. Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software. This position requires the ability to be granted security clearance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Utilizes antivirus software in support of virus Scanning Requirements
• Develops shell scrips to automate processes
• Provide front-line onsite and remote technical support to identified locations, including troubleshooting hardware, standardized and proprietary software, telephones, mobile devices, VPN, printers, telephony, and network connectivity.
• Configure, deploy, and maintain Windows 10 and Linux desktops and laptop computers in an enterprise environment.
• Coordinate, troubleshoot and resolve incoming tickets, phone call and walk-up requests.
• Ensures priority support to senior leadership, including deadline driven or after-hours support as needed.
• Utilizes technical expertise and applicable company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
• Uses the IT Service Desk electronic ticketing system according to department procedures for the opening, closing, resolution, escalation, and tracking of user requests.
• Monitor queue regularly and dispense tickets to the applicable department or resource.
• Resolve 70% - 80% of all assigned tickets, and coordinates escalation to the appropriate Information Technology staff and/or vendor(s) for those requests that fall outside scope of assigned role.
• Manage user accounts, shared resources, and group memberships.
• May supports multiple segments within the organization and builds on technical knowledge in those sectors.
• May provide access and connectivity support to external customers as needed.
• Notify leadership of any changes within site that may cause a change in volume, escalation, major outage, server issue, major move, and/or staffing issue.
• Supports and maintains open, professional, and effective relationships with leadership, user community and peers.
• Onsite resource for other departments within IT, and assists with team maintenance and deployment efforts, including occasional after-hours and on-call support.
• Configure, deploy, upgrade, wipe and repurpose mobile devices to established procedures.
• Maintains site IT desktop hardware and peripherals, including procurement, recycling, or destruction per department process.
• This position is located onsite during normal core business hours. Occasional remote work is available.
• Perform other duties as assigned.