Kratos is looking for a senior level Accountant in the San Diego, CA area.
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) develops and fields transformative, affordable technology, platforms, and systems for United States National Security related customers, allies, and commercial enterprises.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions always striving to do the right thing.
Kratos offers medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and more.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for every aspect of the Corporate accounting process and serve as the key contact and subject matter expert. Assists the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting and the Corporate Director of Financial Reporting and Accounting in various areas of accounting and financial reporting. Actively participates in monthly and quarterly close processes to ensure that they are completed accurately, timely, and in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Prepare corporate financial statements, supporting schedules and account reconciliations.
• Prepare various month end journal entries including cash and payroll journal entries and accruals.
• Reconcile intercompany accounts and work with divisional accounting teams to resolve reconciling items.
• Generate and distribute intercompany invoices.
• Perform daily cash reporting.
• Provide GL account coding to Accounts Payables for invoice processing.
• Maintain fixed assets and calculate depreciation expense.
• Prepare various monthly and quarterly accounting schedules and analyses.
• Complete quarterly and year-end audit and tax schedules.
• Support Corporate Department Managers with budget submissions and review of actual results.
• Consolidate various business unit data.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Comply with SOX internal controls.
• Other job duties as assigned
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.