Kratos is looking for a Senior Manager, Cloud Network Architect. This position is remote.
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) develops and fields transformative, affordable technology, platforms, and systems for United States National Security related customers, allies, and commercial enterprises.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
Kratos offers medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and more.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the Director of IT, the Cloud Network Architect functions as a collaborative member of a team that is responsible for equipping Kratos Defense with dynamic technical solutions to best serve the evolving needs of the company’s business customers and internal stakeholders. Manages the development, deployment and execution of controls and defenses to ensure the security and risk mitigation of company infrastructure technology, information systems and digital payment systems. Manages activities of two or more sections or departments. Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing. May have subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Design, configure, analyze, maintain, and support network and related operating systems; install upgrades and maintain network operating systems within the AWS and Azure environments.
• Provide support for cloud LAN and WAN and related applications, software and utilities, working with Kratos technical support, or resource partner(s) as appropriate to ensure network uptime and availability in both AWS and Azure environments.
• Design networking controls, configure, install, and test various cloud hosted solutions.
• Recommend, deploy, and manage cloud solutions such as VNETS, VWAN, segmentation, containerization, firewalls, WAF, and other cloud technology solutions. Provide training and technical support of junior level technical staff.
• Provide specialized technical assistance in the planning and development of new projects and systems; conduct research of new technologies and implementation strategies; recommend and implement improvements; research and plan for new system implementations.
• Create and review architecture and solution design artifacts including audit evidence.
• Provide technical user support to Kratos Defense staff as assigned.
• Maintain documentation of all cloud systems and resources.
• Interact with all levels of management and staff. May also interact with outside vendors and technical experts as directed.
• Provide insight and direction on roles and responsibilities required for solution operations.
• Identify, communicate, and mitigate Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Decisions throughout full lifecycle
• Maintain current knowledge of all federal. state laws and regulations, along with the Kratos policies and procedures.
• Evaluate and recommend cost effective cloud solutions to meet specific Kratos business objectives.
• Excellent technical architecture skills, enabling the creation of future-proof, complex global solutions.
• Must adhere to the company’s core values of challenge convention, cultivate awesome, do what’s right, empower people, exceed expectations, take ownership.
• Other duties as assigned.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.