Kratos is looking for an Information Security Engineer preferably in the San Diego area, hybrid and/or remote work environment will be considered.
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) develops and fields transformative, affordable technology, platforms, and systems for United States National Security related customers, allies, and commercial enterprises.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
Kratos offers medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and more.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Information Security Engineer position is a member of the Kratos Information Security team who is responsible for protecting the company’s information technology assets from cyber-attack. This includes, but is not limited to: network equipment, servers, desktop and laptop computers, software and electronic information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Participate in InfoSec related projects and provide regular updates
• Assist with evaluation and implementation of IT security solutions
• Tool integration and process automation via scripting
• Systems administration and maintenance of network defense platforms
• Recommend changes to improve security related best practices for the organization
• Assist the Kratos Security Operations Center on advanced issues
• Participate in security incident response activities when required
• Write detailed reports on security incidents and related activity
• Network traffic and log analysis to detect nefarious activity
• Analyze detected malware to extract additional information and IOCs
• Regular penetration testing against Kratos assets
• Evaluate network architecture and hardware/software configurations for security vulnerabilities
• Improve existing processes and documentation for the InfoSec team
• Assist with the design and implementation of computer security policies
• Maintain system hardening baselines for production system deployment
• Ensure currency and effectiveness of authentication, encryption, and intrusion detection methods
• Maintain updated knowledge on the latest information security technology trends
• Provide input into security awareness training programs
• Other related duties may be assigned
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.