Kratos is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. We are a trusted partner—driven by doing the right thing and achieving maximum success for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
Kratos is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. Customers trust us to stay relevant and know we are in it for the long-haul. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on. And, we always deliver.
Kratos has an amazing opportunity for a NOC SATCOM Network Analyst
The Kratos Spectral Services (KSS) Network Operations Center (NOC) leverages the Kratos Global Sensor Network (KGSN) to deliver solutions for multiple Kratos customers. Operational roles within the Kratos NOC include:
- Monitoring satellite communications (SATCOM) links at the RF level for signs of problems or interference, and driving mitigation and resolution actions with customers.
- Helping customers understand utilization and operational configuration of owned, leased, or third-party space assets.
- Providing precision position, velocity, maneuver, and potential anomaly data for satellites.
Providing tailored solutions including cloud-based data centers, custom antennas and global hosting, and turnkey mission operations.
NOC SNA roles often lead to advancement toward more senior roles. KSS is interested in hiring both junior and highly experienced candidates to support our diverse missions and customer base.
The duties and responsibilities of the SATCOM Network Analyst shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Perform primary customer interface and respond to all operational questions and requests, refer capability inquiries to management. NOC SNA’s interface with military, civil, commercial, internal, and international customers every day. Demonstrated expertise in managing customer needs while managing multiple time-critical tasks successfully is a key skill for all NOC work.
- Perform Satellite RF interference Detection and Geolocation functions and remote terminal monitor and control functions.
- Utilize system measurement data, system faults, good judgement, and practical experience with SATCOM issues to diagnose customer problems
- Exercise discretion by following non-disclosure agreements and operational guidelines when elevating sensitive customer issues to third parties
- Perform daily data entry and general administrative duties required to maintain the Customer Support Ticket Portal and associated tickets.
- Review periodic customer furnished data and status reports (e.g. satellite payload reports, transmission plans, etc.)
- Coordinate investigation of anomalous indications with customer defined assets and satellite operators
- Utilize all Network Operation Center (NOC) subsystems proficiently to support operations as required.
- Perform all NOC position duties in accordance with published methods and procedures.
- All SNA positions support a 24/7 coverage shift schedule. Working rotating hours/day/weekend shift will be required. Work flexibility is required and must be willing to work off-hours/days in support of critical programs, customers or other incidents deemed critical by leadership.
- Perform Geolocation and Monitoring supportability analysis per customer contracts and SLA requirements. Review analysis previously performed.
- Develop Geolocation Solution Sets and perform Service Level Agreement (SLA) validation as required.
- Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 troubleshooting and support to quickly resolve reported problems with KGSN systems.
- With appropriate training and documentation, become familiar and gain expertise using newly developed KGSN services.
- Author and Review Customer Deliverables to ensure all customer and contractual requirements are met. All NOC personnel must be proficient using and manipulating content in the Microsoft Office 365 suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Perform other functions as directed by NOC Shift Lead or NOC Supervisor.