Kratos is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. We are a trusted partner—driven by doing the right thing and achieving maximum success for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
Kratos is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. Customers trust us to stay relevant and know we are in it for the long-haul. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on. And, we always deliver.
Kratos has a great opportunity for a Customer Support Engineer
The Customer Support Engineer will work directly with KRATOS customers and will be the first line of service to follow customer inquiries/requests submitted via phone, email, or trouble ticket. This position is an essential part of the Kratos Customer Support group. The ideal candidate will ensure a high level of customer service which brings issues to resolution in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provide technical support to KRATOS customers as part of the Kratos Support team.
- Daily Interaction with customers via telephone, Web Portal, email, or VPN access to troubleshoot customer issues.
- Customer Service attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Clearly identifying customer reported issues and perform initial assessment, gathering logs, configuration, and related information.
- Responsible for creating, updating, resolving customer tickets.
- Track and maintain constant communication with the customers from the beginning to the end of any established case, issue, or concern.
- Responsible for escalating tickets as needed.
- Provide periodic status on customer related issues.
- Responsible for updating customer system configuration records.
- Responsible for updating Support Knowledge Base and Troubleshooting Guides.
- Ability to follow and/or provide written and oral step-by-step procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers inside and outside the work group.
- Use discretion and independent judgment when interacting with customers to provide assistance and advice as needed.
- Responsible to ensure that the customer receives an adequate level of service with each concern or request.
- Responsible for maintaining positive and loyal relationships between Kratos and its customers.
- Assist with and lead software implementations for new customers.
- Create troubleshooting playbook and helpful technical product documents as needed.
Competitive salary based on experience and education:
$55K – $70K
The employee will likely be placed in an office. The work environment characteristics are representative of those of an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at desk and operate a computer via standard input devices such as using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
A REVIEW OF THIS CLASSIFICATION HAS EXCLUDED THE MARGINAL FUNCTIONS OF THE CLASSIFICATION THAT ARE INCIDENTAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF FUNDAMENTAL JOB JUTIES. ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS AND ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB PROFICIENTLY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE THE MINIMUM LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES. #LI-RD1