Kratos is a trusted global satellite ground systems, communications monitoring, interference detection and network management company. As we extend our Space Domain Awareness (SDA) services and product offerings to new customers, we are seeking an experienced back-end software engineer to help lead our team. This team is composed of software developers, DSP experts, and SDA and RF experts. Their mission is designing and implementing software, hardware, and cloud-based computing systems to process and deliver RF SDA data products.
Our ideal candidate is an expert in implementing algorithms in C++ or Java in a Linux environment, is skilled at creating software architecture, breaking down tasks, mentoring and leading junior developers, and is excited to work on SDA solutions.
Kratos is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. Customers trust us to stay relevant and know we are in it for the long-haul. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on. And we always deliver.
This is an on-site position at our Colorado Springs, Colorado location. However, this entire team is generally authorized to work up to 2 days per week remote.
Job duties include:
• Lead software development projects from design through implementation and deployment
• Decomposing requirements into executable stories
• Mentoring and guiding junior developers and conducting code reviews
• Use Java and other back-end languages along with object oriented design to create software systems
• Design, develop, integrate, and test algorithms and systems for SDA solutions including RF monitoring, interference detection, geolocation, RF passive ranging, maneuver detection, custody, and precision ephemeris.
• Collaborate with other software engineers, subject matter experts, and system architects to implement algorithms into operational software
• Travel as necessary to attend customer meetings and support deployed systems. Travel not to exceed 10%.