The Test, Calibration and Material Logistics Manager is responsible for the Mission Success and the Test, Calibration and Material Logistics Integrity of the Kratos Defense & Rocket Support Services (KDRSS) assigned Sounding Rocket systems. Responsible to the Manufacturing Manager for all sounding rocket operations.
The Logistics Manager is responsible for all the logistics activities of calibration & test equipment, other equipment, materials and stock. Test & calibration equipment includes vibration tables, spin balance, bend test fixture, and air bearing.
The Logistics Manager is responsible for managing the scheduling of tests coming through the shop along with shipping and receiving of hardware and payloads.
The Logistics Manager has overall responsibility for the smooth workflow of activities on a designated shift (day, swing, grave) and across shifts as required.
The Logistics Manager supervises a number of employees engaged in activities, ensuring that quality standards and production schedule are met. Supervisory responsibilities includes leading a team of Equipment Custodian(s), Stock Technician(s) and Material Clerk(s). The Equipment Custodian manages the test and support equipment to ensure they are within specification including the test machines, harnesses and lifting equipment.
Directs and coordinates activities concerned with the logistics of testing, calibration, stock and material, utilizing knowledge of technology, production methods and procedures, and capabilities of test and calibration machines and other equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to meet department and company goals and requirements for the assigned Sounding Rocket system.
- Assigns resources; defines, tracks, and monitors schedules; directs the Test, Calibration and Material Logistics personnel.
- Sets, communicates and measures performance standards (volume, quality, dependability, cooperation) of all employees assigned and retains responsibility for tasks even when delegated.
- Trains and mentors junior Test, Calibration and Material Logistics personnel, as necessary.
- Trains employees on safety precautions, production practices, testing & calibration procedures, Quality Management Systems (QMS) procedures, and other company practices. May delegate on-the-job training of new hires/transfers to senior Test, Calibration & Material Logistics staff.
- Coaches and counsels employees on a regular basis to ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner and to promote effective communication. Initiates disciplinary actions, evaluates performance, recommends wage actions, and hires new staff.
- Ensures quality of testing, calibration & material produced. Develops Test, Calibration and Material Logistics staff to be quality conscious and accountable for their workmanship.
- Ensures compliance with QMS procedures. Evaluates processes and practices for more efficient and effective methods and recommends changes as needed.
- Performs technical planning; system integration; verification and validation; and cost, risk, supportability, and effectiveness analyzes for total systems.
- Plans and allocates equipment and labor resources to ensure that testing and calibration schedules can be met. Anticipates issues to prevent problems and resolves problems as they occur. Ensures that workflow meets deadlines.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or testing, calibration & material requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical constraints.
- Supports periodic program and mission IPTs, as required.
- Supports Anomaly Investigation Boards, as required.
- Performs functional and timeline analysis, conducts detailed trade studies, allocates requirements, and conducts interface definition studies to evaluate compliance of machined part specifications with customer requirements.
- Analyzes effectiveness/efficiency of NASA program procedures and processes; develops/ recommends improvements.
- Prepares presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables.
- Participates in selected programs, events, and meetings involving staff, Government customers, and visitors.
- Collaborates with management personnel including Manufacturing, Operations, Programs, Planning, Engineering, and Quality, to establish testing, calibration and material logistics standards, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Analyzes and investigates to determine root causes of nonconformance.
- Works with Manufacturing Manager, Engineering and Quality on process improvements.
- Works with the Safety and Mission Assurance Manager and Quality Engineer to incorporate the application of the appropriate level of ISO 9000 process improvement.
- Develops and implements logistics methods and procedures designed to eliminate set-up and operating problems and to improve product quality and department efficiency.
- Contributes to continuous improvement projects and makes recommendations as opportunities arise.
- Ability to direct and coordinate various logistics processes essential to testing, calibration & material procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Ability to initiate and coordinate logistics projects throughout the developmental and testing phases of the program, (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Ability to keep current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Ability to perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Completes all paperwork timely and accurately. Develops logistics staff so that they complete required paperwork timely and accurately, 100% of the time.
Other Job Functions
- Provides expert input and interpretation for specific training platforms in support of systems integration and manufacturing engineer to aid in logistics requirements identification for assigned programs
- Interfaces with end users to aid in interpreting their needs for assigned program
- Ensures that the work area and equipment are kept clean.
- May be delegated additional responsibility, tasks, and/or authority by Manufacturing Manager.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for leading a team of Testing, Calibration & Material Personnel.
- Achieves results through leading and mentoring Testing, Calibration & Material Personnel.
- Supervises department to communicate and meet critical performance metrics.
- Supervises a designated shift of production staff in a variety of work cells, possibly across multiple shifts as required.
This position is contingent upon contract award which is expected early 2022.
Questions and correspondence related to this opportunity should be directed to: email@example.com