This position performs the subcontract function for major subcontracts of supplies as well as services in support of Kratos Defense & Rocket Support Systems (KDRSS). This role focuses on the management of the Subcontractors involving components and assemblies designed to KDRSS or Customer specification and incorporated into Sounding Rocket system design. Manages the subcontract from design through production ensuring maximum supplier involvement. The Subcontracts Manager is responsible for leading a group of Subcontract Specialists.
The Subcontractor Manager performs as the Subcontractor Programmatic and Contractually point-of-contact (POC) for assigned KDRSS Subcontracts; manages and monitors the subcontractor(s) to ensure timely completion of all efforts associated with the project using MS Project. The Subcontracts Manager administers numerous contract types including Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF) and Time & Material (T&M) subcontractor agreements of varying sizes.
The Subcontractor Manager understands and identifies supplier interdependencies in critical paths for each program. The Subcontractor Manager sources and manages, in accordance with approved business strategies, complex supply relationships for subsystems commodities, services that require significant professional supply chain involvement to successfully execute.
The Subcontractor Manager develops and negotiates, with the support of program team, required Statements of Work (SOW) and Performance Based Specifications (PBS), Terms and Conditions (T&Cs), Performance Based Payments (PBP) schedules, rights assertions on which the contract award will be based. The Subcontractor Manager is required to have a negotiation approach which is focused on customer satisfaction with integrity.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Specific tasks associated include, ensuring compliance with customer flow-down requirements including offset, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) / Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) (FAR/DFAR), quality, Contactor Data Requirements List (CDRL).
- Supplier development and relationship with subcontractors to ensure subcontract requirements are met and to support growth of the business relationship between Kratos and the subcontractor.
- Position interfaces with the Program Management and Engineering Team, ensuring smooth flow of subcontract management processes and program alignment from supplier to end-customer.
- Manages the Subcontractor Relationship(s) for assigned KDRSS Subcontracts.
- Maintains awareness and ensures Statement of Work (SOW), Performance Based Schedule (PBS) and Performance Based Plan (PBP) are kept current as design decisions are made and will be fully relied upon to provide input to the Engineering Team, the Program Management Team and the Program Manager.
- Prepares, issues, and executes Request for Proposal (RFP) / Request for Quote (RFQ) packages in accordance with Kratos Subcontract/Procurement guidelines, goals and requirements, and to meet program or project timing requirements. Coordinates proposal responses and prepares Kratos team (procurement, technical, quality) to audit potential suppliers. Participates in customer proposal development stage.
- Ensure Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR) compliance to all government and commercial contracting laws and regulations as applicable including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), FAR and DFAR.
- Supports assigned KDRSS Program Management with customer interface specific to Subcontractors; identification, assignment, and management of Subcontractor Scope Traceability to Prime Scope; Prime to Subcontractor Change Management; traceability of Management CDRLs to Supplier Data Requirement Lists (SDRLs); traceability of Technical CDRLs to SDRLs.
- Manages T&Cs for assigned KDRSS Subcontracts; manages Subcontractor Risk / Opportunity and supports and reports Traceability to Kratos Risk/Opportunity management to Program Manager.
- Manages Subcontractor Scope; supports Subcontractor Scope Traceability to Prime Scope.
- Manages Subcontractor Schedule Status and Forward looking projections from a % complete perspective, reports to Program Managers.
- Reports, Monitors, and Supports Program Management with Traceability to KDRSS to government including linkages, actual status, forward looking status and metrics / Quantifiable Backup Data (QBD – Earned Value Management).
- Supports Program Management with Prime to Subcontractor Change.
- Leads, Reports, Monitors, and Supports assignment and timely and accurate submission of SDRLs.
- Supports Program Management with Traceability of management CDRLs to SDRLs.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for leading a group of Subcontract Specialists.
This position is contingent upon contract award which is expected early 2022.
Questions and correspondence related to this opportunity should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org