This position is responsible to recruit for various positions including but not limited to Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) Interns, STEM Summer Interns, and STEM Cooperative (Co-Op) Education Students, as assigned.
This role will partner with other Recruiters, Human Resources and the Professional Development team to develop recruiting programs, processes, procedures, and practices that result in a flow of diverse, qualified candidates. This role is responsible for all aspects of recruiting, from pre-screening through offer acceptance.
The STEM/Internship Lead develops and grows internship opportunities and programs. The Coordinator provides student services including overseeing Internship Events and Programs, oversees online internship listings. Coordinates internship and practicum placements, intern market information, and career resources and networking. Interacts with students and staff to promote and integrate internship education and career preparation into the culture. Documents internship program plans and develops new ways to grow online and training initiatives for student internships.
The Coordinator will participate in community outreach programs that promote awareness of STEM to elementary, middle and high school students.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Identify and coordinate a variety of year-round networking and educational events for STEM student candidates and interns, while partnering with program management, business development and engineers across the company.
- Develop and foster relationships with university/college STEM career services, high school guidance counselors and student affinity groups to assure viable candidate flow.
- Establish relationships with STEM internship placement sites, job boards and actively recruit interns for company openings.
- Provide STEM internship, career and professional information to students and community members. Maintain and disseminate current information regarding internships and career development.
- Work with internal Hiring Partners and Senior Recruiting Manager to develop, implement and manage recruiting strategies and programs in order to best present Kratos Defense & Rocket Support Services (KDRSS) to candidates on campus.
- Coordinate and oversee the KDRSS STEM Intern, STEM Summer Intern, and STEM Cooperative (Co-Op) Education Student program, including social events, trainings, mentorship, surveys, and the assignment, evaluation and review process.
- Manage all aspects of the KDRSS nationwide on-campus interview process including, but not limited to, on-campus interview registration, preparation of interviewer and marketing materials, scheduling call-back interviews, soliciting interview evaluations, maintaining candidate files, generating and distributing reports, and coordinating candidate follow-up activities.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position is contingent upon contract award which is expected early 2022.
Questions and correspondence related to this opportunity should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org