The Production Control Manager is responsible for the Mission Success and the Production Control Integrity of the Kratos Defense & Rocket Support Services (KDRSS) assigned Sounding Rocket systems. Responsible to the Manufacturing Manager for all sounding rocket operations.
The Production Control Manager responsibilities include ensuring that production team can achieve required Production Plan including the production target, optimum utilization of resources, quality management and cost savings. The Production Control Manager works closely with the Production Planning Manager.
The Production Control Manager drives and orchestrates the reporting of metrics which accurately depicts percentage complete against the approved plans/schedules, and allow for the discovery of potential obstacles in time to implement a risk mitigation strategy.
The Production Control Manager implements the plan for the overall activities of Receiving, Shipping, Inventory Control and Production Control personnel. The Production Control Manager works with purchasing personnel regularly to ensure approved procurement plans are being implemented and remain on track for successful completion.
The Production Control Manager supports the Manufacturing Manager in the initiation the issuance of manufacturing orders as required by programmatic schedules. The Production Control Manager supports the Manufacturing Manager in the monitoring of progress of assigned programs to ensure on time and within budget completion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works with the Manufacturing Management to include Logistics; Business Management, Subcontract Management, Quality and Engineering teams to implement material, equipment, part and stock movement from purchasing, warehouse/storage and production.
- Utilizes Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP II) systems to drive production and inventory.
- Orchestrate the plan based on MRP data to meet schedule requirements.
- Execute and drive communication about project/product status in manufacturing is relayed.
- Assist the Production Planning Manager in prioritizing work orders as they flow through the production and test process.
- Execute and monitor the schedules in order to meet or exceed stakeholder and customer expectations.
- Supports the Manufacturing Manager in the performance of technical planning; system integration; verification and validation; and cost, risk, supportability, and effectiveness analyzes for total systems.
- Supports the Manufacturing Manager in ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical constraints.
- Supports periodic program and mission IPTs, as required.
- Supports Anomaly Investigation Boards, as required.
- Supports the Manufacturing Manager in the performance of functional and timeline analysis, conducts detailed trade studies, allocates requirements, and conducts interface definition studies to evaluate compliance of mechanical hardware & software specifications with customer requirements.
- Analyzes effectiveness/efficiency of NASA program procedures and processes; develops/ recommends improvements.
- Prepares presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables.
- Participates in selected programs, events, and meetings involving staff, Government customers, and visitors.
- Works with the Safety and Mission Assurance Manager & Quality Engineer to incorporate the application of the appropriate level of ISO 9000 process improvement.
- Ability to direct and coordinate various processes essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Ability to initiate and coordinate projects throughout the developmental and testing phases of the program, (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Ability to keep current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Ability to perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
Other Job Functions
- Interfaces with end users to aid in interpreting their needs for assigned program.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position is contingent upon contract award which is expected early 2022.
Questions and correspondence related to this opportunity should be directed to: email@example.com.