The Site Lead (SL) role will support & assist the Deputy Program Manager in leading and managing multi-disciplinary project team in the development thru launch of Sounding Rocket systems. The SL manages & directs the project team to include the execution (technical, cost, schedule & delivery) of the assigned project and ensures that all requirements are met.
The individual will support & assist the Deputy Program Manager in interfacing with the Sounding Rocket and Launch functional capabilities, numerous suppliers & teammates and within the Kratos Defense & Rocket Support Systems (KDRSS) as well as interacting with with a range of government and commercial customers to include NASA.
The SL works closely with the Deputy Program Manager to provide detailed project data for formal cost, schedule and performance tracking and reporting. Responsible for the performance of employees working contract tasks and ensuring the appropriate resources are provided and available for project execution.
The SL may interface with the customer project lead and end users to ensure products and services are delivered in accordance with contract requirements. The successful candidate will have practical knowledge and skills in the application of a wide range of analytical and management techniques.
Experience managing multi-disciplinary maintenance teams is required for the development of complex maintenance tasks; demonstrated ability to provide guidance and direction to large teams in the required tasks, proven expertise in the management and control of project resources; proven successful interaction with senior military and government personnel to include NASA.
The Site Lead is a entry level manager within the company who has a minimum of five (5) years experience, including three (3) years of demonstrated project level management in major systems. The Site Lead must have good understanding of the project management process, have strong communication and customer service skills and be able to motivate their team(s). The SL should be good with budget and funding calculations and must possess analytical skills. The SL is involved in all stages of a project ensuring success in the planning, scheduling, implementation and tracking process for assigned tasks.
It is preferred that the SL possess domain knowledge in Ballistic Missile and/or Sounding Rocket systems. The SL should have the development experience to take ideas to flight hardware on short timelines. Clear and concise, written and oral communication of complex subjects to Kratos program management and all levels of customer program management is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support & assist the Deputy Program Manager with the overall technical, cost, and schedule responsibility for project-related activities to include delivery of services and the design, development, fabrication, assembly, integration, demonstration, and test of Sounding Rocket systems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and teams simultaneously within common processes and procedures.
- Responsible for execution of assigned projects(s): including organizational, financial, management, performance, spending, and successful completion.
- Support & assist the Deputy Program Manager in the management of employees performing team leadership activities in the area of team planning, management, and execution.
- Responsible for working with the Deputy Program Manager to plan and manage workload.
- Assists in the development and execution of integrated plans and team business and technical strategies, goals, objectives.
- Provides management of project suppliers and leads process improvements.
- Implements the KDRSS command media and best practices throughout the organization, including safety, risk/issue/opportunity, technical performance, and change control management, among other disciplines.
- Ensures program planning and monitoring activities and performance is in accordance with contractual obligations and specified ISO, CMMI, ITIL, Earned Value or their quality and financial control processes.
- Responsible for development & maintenance of an Integrated Master Schedule and Integrated Master Plan.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of relationships and partnerships with customers, suppliers, stakeholders, peers, partners, management and direct reports.
- As required, supports development and implementation of proposals, statements of work, strategic planning, campaign and business development strategies in pursuit of new business.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees and project team leadership.
- Team Building.
- Personnel Management.
- Change Management.
- Conflict Resolution.
- May require up to 25% travel to support technical meetings, design reviews, other reviews & meetings and launch operations.
This position is contingent upon contract award which is expected early 2022.
Questions and correspondence related to this opportunity should be directed to: email@example.com