Kratos Space and Missile Defense Systems is seeking a Program Director (PMD) for rocket and missile systems. The PMD is a senior level manager within the company who has a minimum of fifteen (15) years experience, including seven (7) years of demonstrated management experience in project/program level management of major aerospace systems.
The PMD directs all program phases from inception through completion. The PMD must have a good understanding of the program/project management process, have strong communication and customer service skills and be able to motivate their team(s). The PMD must be good with budget and funding management and must possess strong analytical skills. He or she will be responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or major subsystem programs.
The PMD is involved in all stages of a program ensuring success in the planning, scheduling, implementation and tracking of all assigned tasks. The PMD participates in contract and contract change negotiations. The PMD establishes conceptual designs, establishes evaluation criteria, and plans engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. The PMD establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, including identification and mitigation of program risks. The PMD acts as the primary customer contact for program activities and prepares and conducts program cost, schedule and technical performance reviews.
The PMD may be responsible for preparation of proposals, proposal work statements and design specifications, business plans,operating budgets and contract financial terms/conditions. The PMD develops new business and expands product lines with the customer. The PMD partners with business development leaders and executive management to perform strategic planning and consider investment opportunities for portfolio growth. The PMD communicates and interacts with a variety of customer representatives including senior-level DoD officers and senior executive leadership.
- A Program Management Director is responsible for running complex programs and projects with activities to include:
- Planning and establishing project goals and milestones
- Clearly defining requirements and scope
- Risk management
- Defining resources and schedule for implementation of programs
- Detecting and resolving program issues effectively and efficiently
- Integrating project teams and managing conflicts within the varying skill sets
- Performing team assessments and evaluations
- Developing and maintaining program related reports and documentation
- Identifying and implementing process improvements
- Ensuring all activities comply with company standards and established procedures
- Partnering with business development and business management leaders to optimize strategic investment and develop growth opportunities