5-D Systems, a KRATOS Company, is seeking a Project Engineer who will provide Systems Engineering support to projects. These projects cover the entire systems engineering life cycle including systems planning, system design and development, and integration and test. This position supports the Systems Engineering Manager in leading the Systems Engineering Team in the planning and technical estimating for various projects, to include establishing processes and templates to increase efficiency and keeping the focus on the technical work products. The Project Engineer ensures project management software is up to date and assigns tasking to Systems Engineers based on the project plan.
Key Roles, Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Systems Engineering project focal point for project activity to include planning, bid and proposal support for engineering content, systems input into integrated plans on programs, estimate to complete coordination, issue reporting, and risk and opportunity management.
- Providing overall project technical leadership to include planning, monitoring, and controlling Systems Engineering efforts within the projects.
- Partners and collaborates with Functional Systems Engineering Managers, Customers, 5-D Leadership Program’s Goals, requirements, and needs are understood and achieved.
- Monitoring project plans and execution to ensure technical and work scope requirements, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
- Ensures engineering efforts are planned and executed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices. Provide the coordination between the engineering team, functional managers, and Product Line Engineering Directors, to ensure all necessary reviews are conducted and approvals are received.
- Ensures engineering efforts are managed in accordance with company policies, procedures, processes, and best practices. Reviews and provides input into technical processes as applicable.
Please Note: Pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.