Experience and Skills
• Experience with the following software: AutoCad and/or Solid Works; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Visio; Cadence OrCAD is a plus
• Familiarity with and use of SAP MRP System is a plus
• Experienced in designing and documenting test fixtures and creation of necessary factory and field/installation Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs).
• Electrical as well as Electronic experience desired (i.e. experience and working knowledge of the NFPA 70 National Electrical Code and IEC as well as electronic circuit design with troubleshooting and repair to component level).
• Experience with product and system qualifications resulting in third party agency approvals (i.e. CE, ETL, UL, CSA, FCC, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, Environmental, etc...).
• Ability to assist with customer compliance tables related to bidding and proposing products and systems.
• In the areas of expertise, the ability to create training material and present this training to internal and external personnel.
• In the areas of expertise, the ability to work with a technical writer to convey technical aspects and create manuals, bulletins, customer notifications, etc.
• Apply expert product knowledge to evaluate and formulate action plans for operations related product change requests.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Associate Degree in Satellite Communications/Electronic Engineering/Technology
• Minimum of 10 years related experience in industrial controls system applications related to variable speed drives, drives systems, and industrial automation systems.
• Minimum of 10 years related experience in hardware electrical design, including schematics and panel layouts, applying and programming drives, PLC’s and HMI’s.
• Minimum of 10 years related experience in controls system applications throughout the project lifecycle from initial design concepts through installation and subsequent client support.
• Knowledge of Yaskawa variable frequency drives, Allen-Bradley Powerflex drives, Kinetix drives, and PLC’s.
• Working knowledge of codes and standards applicable to industrial control systems including NEC (NFPA70), NFPA79, UL508A, UL698, CSA, IEC, IEC60950, CE, FCC, MIL-STD-810, and MIL-STD-461 at minimum.
• Product and/or program development and project management experience.
• RFQ, table of compliance, and proposal review in determination of applicability of current standard products as well as requirements and level of effort required for new development to meet requirement/s.
• Drives Systems/ Industry Expertise in (Power, Paper, Metals, Infrastructure, Oil and Gas, Mining, Water and Wastewater, etc.).
• Ability to design systems utilizing CAD, use to create block diagrams, electrical schematics, electrical panel layout, wiring diagrams and cable assembly drawings.
• Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously while also having advanced knowledge of a diverse range of products and systems.
Applicants selected for this position would be required to work on government and military programs subject to the United States International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR," 22 CFR 120-130), and potentially on programs that require a United States government security clearance. As such, only candidates that meet the eligibility requirements under the ITAR and who are eligible for most levels of a US Government security clearance will be considered.
- Manual dexterity required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Limited Travel may be required.