Kratos Space provides leading-edge capabilities for communication with satellites, spacecraft, missiles, and airborne platforms. From factory test to flight, from ground data networking to RF Links – commercial, intelligence, and defense users trust Kratos to solve their most difficult RF problems. For a more complete overview of our capabilities see https://www.kratosdefense.com/systems-and-platforms/space-systems
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our nation and global customers through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us. We continually build trusted relationships with our peers, our partners and customers, and we take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
We have an exciting opportunity in Colorado Springs, CO OR Chantilly, VA for a Product Marketing Engineer (Product Owner)
The Product Owner is responsible for the execution of product vision and strategy assigned by the Product Manager to support our business initiatives. The Product Owner will work with the Product Manager to understand our overall product strategy and how this strategy should be executed within the Product(s) they are responsible for. This role works with a variety of partners to understand business requirements, build and maintain the product backlog, and successfully lead agile projects through their respective life-cycles. This position will also provide a clear solution description and outline of product features for easy comprehension and consumption by the development team, scrum team, and business partners.
- Works with Product Management Team to understand business cases and business goals in order to execute on the vision
- Aligns user needs and business value while streamlining and championing delivery channels for product delivery. Includes technical and go-to-market delivery.
- Partners with and serves as a liaison between Product Management, Engineering, other internal partners and external vendors to ensure products are meeting customer objectives and also aligned to company goals and technology standards
- Assists with the implementation of projects to ensure successful completion within appropriate budget guidelines and project timeline
- Monitors key performance indicators within owned Products to evaluate product performance and growth
- Works with development scrum teams to execute sprint goals. Plays a key part of development events including planning, backlog refinement, sprint reviews, team retrospectives and daily scrum
- Assists with the elaboration of epics, themes and writing user stories and developing the acceptance criteria.
- Works closely with technical leads and architects to clearly articulate engineering requirements
- Sets goals for the team per sprint, per Program Increment and for feature releases/product versions
- Creates, maintains, and prioritizes the product backlog according to business priorities and overall product strategy
- Actively engages with Support and Delivery team to collaborate/negotiate and commit to product priorities for specific customer needs.
- Serves as the voice of the customer to the agile team and sets the quality standard for delivery through specific acceptance criteria
- Leads and participates in quarterly Program Increment planning sessions
- Facilitates road map creation, sprint planning sessions, customer demonstrations
- Evaluates the product progress at the end of every sprint and accepts or rejects completed stories and tasks based on the set expected criteria
- Closely collaborates with the scrum master to support the needs of the team. Provides process improvement feedback to the team and Product Managers with a focus on continuous improvement
- Communicates project status to Product Managers and select internal stakeholders, emphasizing and tracking the business value being delivered
- Manages prioritization of customer found defects and works with teams to ensure proper resourcing and scheduling to resolve them.
- Protects the team from internal and external factors that distracts from sprint goals