Looking for relevant, innovative opportunities in aerospace?
Look at Kratos Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems (KUAS) – We’re at the forefront of delivering a family of innovative, high performance tactical Unmanned Aerial Systems. Our high-performance aerial target drones are used to provide the United States and its allies with threat-representative systems capable of emulating existing and emerging threats.
Looking for work life balance?
Look at Kratos Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems (KUAS) - 2 hours from wine country, the mountains or the ocean, KUAS is located in Sacramento, CA. Depending on whether your ideal retreat involves snow or sand, all you have to do is hop in the car and head in the right direction.
We’re looking for you!
We are looking for talented team members with the skills and passion to become the best of the future in what they do. People who want to make a difference, we’re looking for YOU!
Join the KUAS team today as a Guidance Navigation & Control (GNC) Engineer II. You'll perform a diverse array of engineering tasks related to the design, simulation, test, and validation of aircraft control systems, flight control software, and higher level autonomy functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Aircraft dynamics, subsystem modeling and simulation
- Control system gain and filter design and stability margin evaluation
- Evaluation of flight dynamics, flying qualities, and aircraft flight path performance
- Perform non-linear control system robustness testing
- Design and implement operator interfaces, autonomous logic algorithms, waypoint following, and path generation algorithms
- Guidance algorithm development, analysis and test
- Navigation system design, analysis, and test
- Derive subsystem requirements and specifications
- Support subsystem testing and verification
- Flight test planning, execution, and analysis
- Support aircraft design at all phases of development
- Wind tunnel test planning support
- Support various hardware/software design, test, troubleshooting, and documentation activities
- Analyses in support of requirements generation, verification, and validation
- Prepare formal, controlled engineering documentation (i.e. drawings, specifications, test procedures, technical reports, etc.).
- Prepare and presents design review material in support of technical interchange meetings with suppliers and external/internal customers.
- Support customer training activities
- Foreign and domestic travel to support flight test activities
- Performs moderate engineering tasks as assigned by their manager.
- Acts as lead engineer as required for various contract deliverables.
- Presents design review and technical interchange material to major customers.
- Develop analyses in support of requirements generation, verification, and validation.
- Provides onsite support during various test activities.
- Mentors Level I Guidance, Navigation, & Control Engineers.
- Supports business development efforts in preparation of proposals.