Kratos is looking for a Network Engineer. The location is remote within the United States.
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) develops and fields transformative, affordable technology, platforms, and systems for United States National Security related customers, allies, and commercial enterprises.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
Kratos offers medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and more.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Operates and maintains the company's internal data communications systems. This role will focus 50% on firewalls/security, 25% on route/switch and 25% on automation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Knowledge and experience with IT security concepts and architecture.
• Supports/troubleshoots a variety of issues and may coordinates with vendors for installation of items such as firewalls, routers and switches.
• Is proficient at installing and maintaining firewalls, routers and switches.
• Working knowledge of ipsec tunnels.
• VPN experience with various vpn client installations.
• Works on project implementation (either in lead or supporting role).
• May conduct vendor comparisons.
• Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Networks with senior internal and external personnel in their own area of expertise.
• Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
• A current industry certification with emphasis on security and/or route/switch (CCSA/CCSP, CCNA/CCNP).
• May require some evening and/or weekend hours.
• Other job duties as assigned.
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.