Kratos is looking for a Network Transport Manager. The location is open within the United States.
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) develops and fields transformative, affordable technology, platforms, and systems for United States National Security related customers, allies, and commercial enterprises.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
Kratos offers medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and more.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Provides leadership for those involved in the development, design, operation, and optimization of one or more information technology and systems functions supporting company business processes and technical information systems platforms.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Proven managerial skills to lead the Transport team.
• Lead projects and provide input to other projects with respect to Transport Engineering. May have to lead projects that have multiple IT disciplines within them.
• Provide input (budget, cost analysis, vendor comparison, technical…) as required to senior leadership.
• Provides leadership when working on problems of a diverse nature to evaluate identifiable factors/contributors.
• Proven troubleshooting skills and techniques.
• Interface with various vendors daily.
• Interfaces with various disciplines (Desktop, InfoSec, Systems and Compute, Applications…) within IT.
• Proven ability to effectively manage employees, vendors, projects, resources, and operations remotely.
• Subject Matter Expert for routing and switching requires in-depth knowledge and experience with BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIPv2, ACL’s (RACL, VACL…), DMVPN, X509, PFR, SDWAN, IP SLA, MPLS, VPLS, QoS, IPAM, IP addressing, vPC, VSS, PbR, VRF, switch stacking, VLAN tagging, Spanning-Tree, Ethernet, Port channels, cabling, TCP/IP protocol suite.
• Coordinate and maintain support and service contracts pertinent to subject matter, experience with procurement desired
• Coordinates delivery of services to user groups and ensures IT service is uninterrupted.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities to include:
• Direct day-to-day activities of the network Transport team
• Prioritize personal and direct report’s projects, tickets, and related workload effectively
• Direct development of department, employees, and technology under guidance of senior leadership