Kratos Space & Missile Defense Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of launch vehicle services for the US Military and Foreign Allies. Kratos performs all necessary engineering, manufacturing, testing, and field operations from the initial phone call for a new mission through flight and post-flight assessments. These launches occur with our Kratos team all over the world using our agile engineering approach that has led to a 100% successful launch record.
Kratos is seeking a systems engineer with a minimum of two (2) years experience in project or systems engineering responsibilities. The systems engineer will support advanced launch vehicle programs and hypersonic research for the US Military and US Foreign Allies. The engineer will perform all activities within the systems engineering discipline with the support of a multi-disciplinary and geographically dispersed engineering team.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing concept of operations for missions and launch vehicles
- Developing system requirements and performing necessary requirements analysis for missions and launch vehicles
- Decomposing system requirements for internal deliverables, subcontractors, and suppliers for hardware and software
- Develop, manage, monitor, and execute systems engineering management plans, integrated test and evaluation plans, analysis plans, risk management plans, system safety plans, etc.
- Author, review and help execute test plans and procedures
- Perform and communicate trade studies and conceptual analyses
- Perform and execute strategic program planning
- Perform risk and opportunity management and related analysis
- Perform verification and validation activities
- Author and present customer deliverables related to systems engineering
- Support range safety and system safety related activities to meet DoD requirements
- Coordinate configuration management activities related to the mission and product