Experience and Skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 3+ years directly applicable experience administering Oracle databases
• CompTIA Security+ certification required prior to start
• BA/BS in a Computer Science, Engineering, or related scientific/technical discipline preferred
• Computing Environment certification and/or proof of certified training preferred
• Experience with Oracle Database Administration (install, upgrade, migrate, troubleshoot, etc)
• Understanding and familiarity of underlying UNIX OS (Solaris/RHEL)
• Problem solving, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis skills.
• Ability to work independently on complex technical tasks
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
• Working in a DoD related environment
• Experience with SAP (HANA) Applications hosted on Oracle databases
• Active Secret Security Clearance strongly preferred
The employee will likely be placed in a cubicle however currently much of the work is being performed remotely. The work environment characteristics are representative of those of an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation/cubicle situation. Able to work sitting or standing at desk and operate a computer via standard input devices such as using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor. Can be called upon to perform general work in a datacenter performing tasks such as running cables, installing computer equipment, etc. Work environment may also be fast-paced and will require work under pressure to meet deadlines and at times will include afterhours, weekend, and oncall work.