GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Develops and implements the company's production control functions including any of the following activities: master scheduling, production planning/coordination, shop scheduling and dispatching, material requirements, planning systems, work-in-process tracking, material and labor variance controls, and manufacturing performance reporting. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains reports to reflect scheduling, methods, support performance and process procedures.
- Approves quantities, schedules and parts lists provided to the material control organization to ensure timely and complete ordering, as well as receipt and issuance of production material requirements.
- Responsible for planning, reviewing, and developing production procedures and personnel.
- May coordinate activities with materials function using enterprise resource planning systems.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations effective achievement of objectives.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers.
- Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.