GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Director, Program Management – Site Lead is responsible for managing the tactical system throughout the product life cycle to ensure performance requirements are met while meeting cost, schedule, quality, and forecasted business plans and growth. The Director, Program Management – Site Lead must have an in-depth technical understanding of the tactical weapon systems. Additionally, the Director, Program Management – Site Lead must have excellent leadership, project management, communication, customer management skills, and an advanced understanding of financial management (P&L). The Director, Program Management – Site Lead is responsible for all phases of the product life cycle; conceptual, development, manufacturing, and sustainment. In addition, as the site lead the Director, Program Management – Site Lead will act the senior site executive and will be responsible for leading the site activities to include: represent KUAS to local city, county and state political representatives, host executive level site visits, and interface with site facility owners / service providers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Proactively provides organization leadership, develops business plans & growth strategies, manages program execution to meet contract and company commitments, and champions process excellence to continually improve operations and performance of the assigned tactical weapon system.
- Establishes product baseline(s) to include technical engineering design documentation including but not limited to: requirements documents, performance specifications, system schematics, subsystem specifications, standard suite of software engineering documents, Engineering Bill of Materials, and maintain comprehensive configuration management of the complete system throughout its life cycle.
- Ensures efficient, effective, and productive team activities are realized through development, maintenance, and management of the integrated master plan and schedule including development, procurement, manufacturing, sustainment, and product enhancements.
- Develops achievable program performance requirements including: financial objectives, contract and subcontract management, customer relationship management, and resource management. Drives performance and ensures current customer expectations and company objectives are met.
- Provides oversight and leadership for the program portfolio of products and ensures contractual requirements are met.
- Responsible for proposal development, program performance, P&L, and business growth for assigned platform.
- Ensures satisfaction of all contractual and Statement of Work (SOW) requirements.
- Identifies and manages risk in accordance with the company risk management process.
- Reports program status and performance, as required by contract or management.
- Proactively develops plans, drives actions, and effectively communicates to the customer and other company personnel concerning resolution of technical, production, procurement and sustainment issues.
- Investigates and performs root cause analysis on nonconforming product for assigned projects; troubleshoots problems with production and takes corrective action.
- Establishes and maintains an excellent relationship with customers.
- Follows safety precautions and ensures program team members always operate safely.
- Acts as site executive leader which includes leading the site activities to include: represent KUAS to local city, county and state political representatives, host executive level site visits, and interface with site facility owners / service providers.
Manages cross-functional program team consisting of engineering, manufacturing, contracts, procurement, quality, administrative, and other departments assigned to designated programs. Works in collaboration with functional management to lead, plan, assign, and direct work; appraising performance; rewarding, coaching and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems for personnel on assigned programs.