Looking for relevant, innovative opportunities in aerospace?
Look at Kratos Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems (KUAS) – We’re at the forefront of delivering a family of innovative, high performance tactical Unmanned Aerial Systems. Our high-performance aerial target drones are used to provide the United States and its allies with threat-representative systems capable of emulating existing and emerging threats.
Looking for work life balance?
Look at Kratos Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems (KUAS) - 2 hours from wine country, the mountains or the ocean, KUAS is located in Sacramento, CA. Depending on whether your ideal retreat involves snow or sand, all you have to do is hop in the car and head in the right direction.
KUAS also offers opportunities in various locations around the nation including remote opportunities that can help you balance your life and career goals.
We’re looking for you!
We are looking for talented team members with the skills and passion to become the best of the future in what they do. People who want to make a difference, we’re looking for YOU!
Join the KUAS team today as a Deputy Program Manager. In this role, you'll manage works programs of varying complexity with a focus on cost, schedule performance, and business growth on assigned programs here at KUAS.
More about your role:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Defines program/project objectives, creates and maintains program plan/schedule, and directly manages program budget to meet established company and customer objectives.
- Issues project instructions and controls changes to project scope and designs in compliance with established quality system.
- Ensures that the program/project team achieves objectives for scheduling, engineering, quality, and cost control.
- Breaks work down into manageable tasks required to meet the objectives of the program/project and customer, which includes the assigning and/or directing the work of others.
- Ensures satisfaction of all contractual and Statement of Work (SOW) requirements.
- Establishes a risk management program, and ensures all risks are mitigated.
- Reports program status and performance, as required by contract or management.
- Interfaces with the customer and other company personnel on technical, production, and procurement issues.
- Coordinates the cost estimates (labor & material) associated with out of scope activities or future work.
- Responsible for managing root cause analysis efforts on nonconforming product for assigned projects; troubleshoots problems with production and takes corrective action.
- Keeps customers informed of program schedules and status.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data, using computer.
- Coordinates and leads meetings as required to plan and communicate all aspects of assigned projects.
- Works with other internal departments to develop a resource allocation plan.
- Establishes the earned value baseline.
- Establishes and monitors program metrics.
- Grows existing programs to increase revenues.
- Monitors program performance, formulates and takes corrective actions to mitigate deviations to the program plans and alert management of potential problems when necessary.
- Coordinates with multiple major contractors and/or Government user.
- Supports subcontractor development efforts, including delivery management.
- Works within the company to ensure program quality assurance performance.
- Manages the integration and testing of hardware and software.
- Works with other internal programs and program managers to help develop a mutual resource allocation plan.
- Works with contracts personnel to identify out of scope activities and ensure contract deliverables are met.
- Oversees the receipt, assembly, test, and quality of deliverable hardware to customers.
- Follows safety precautions.
- Ensures that the work area and equipment are kept clean.
- Communicates and represents the Company professionally with all levels of internal and external personnel.
- May have supervisory responsibility for support staff as assigned.