GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Develops, implements, and improves material and processes specifications to support engineering design and manufacturing operations. Coordinates material and process changes to existing product lines and manages new material and process introductions. Researches and recommends alternative or equivalent materials due to obsolescence or process improvement. Works closely with other engineers and other functional departments to ensure schedule, systems, and part/process data integrity here at KUAS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Material and Process Engineer ALL
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Material and Process Engineers. Each level of Material and Process Engineer has additional duties and responsibilities listed.
- Create, update, and maintain material and process specification library.
- Perform material analysis and testing. Create test plans and coordinate material testing and characterization efforts. Create test results reports and recommend materials and processes based on test results.
- Specifies test methods for material qualification and supports the qualification process.
- Implement process specifications and associated training curriculum. May be required to perform training.
- Works with customer released or KUAS released drawings and/or CAD models, engineering BOMs, and other engineering specifications to develop, implement and improve product manufacturability
- Supports and participates in engineering and manufacturing reviews and communicates effectively as a technical contributor
- Supports Supply Chain and Quality Engineering by assisting with process audits both internal and external.
- Collaborates well with internal and external resources to resolve technical issues
- Provides OTJ training or mentoring and may provide certification for processes to production associates
- Works with materials management to develop and implement effective inventory methodologies
- Identifies tools that may be required in regard to specific process execution
Material and Process Engineer I
- Works on projects of basic complexity as assigned by Manager
- Authors material and process specifications
- Researches and recommends alternate or equivalent materials
Material and Process Engineer II
- Works on projects of medium complexity which impact aspects of programs
- Researches and tests new, alternate, or equivalent materials
- May coordinate the work of other engineers and production specialists
- Constantly reviews material, technology, processes, and manufacturing methods to identify opportunities for improvements
Material and Process Engineer III
Works on projects of advanced complexity that have significant program impact
Works with multi-disciplinary Integrated Product Team (IPT) and Program managers to ensure schedule and contractual integrity
Establish & maintain material, process and workmanship specifications
A subject matter expert for materials and/or processes related to manufacturability of product
May mentor junior level material and process engineers
Material and Process Engineer IV
Independently works on projects of advanced complexity that have major organizational impact.
Responsible for material evaluation, testing, and implementation for use in product designs and manufacturing. Includes assisting Engineering and Supply Chain with material obsolescence and or selection
Evaluate and improve on processes in manufacturing systems
Advise on non-conformances and corrective actions
Responsible to establish & maintain material, process and workmanship specifications
Will mentor lower-level material and process engineers and act as a liaison to other functional organizations
Other Job Functions