Kratos is looking for an IT Support Specialist in the Alexandria, VA area. After initial onsite training, this position will be remote up to two (2) days per week.
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) develops and fields transformative, affordable technology, platforms, and systems for United States National Security related customers, allies, and commercial enterprises.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
Kratos offers medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and more.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Provides support services to employees and contractors with technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptop, mobile devices, printers, or network services from local personnel or from employees using remote access.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide front-line onsite and remote technical support to identified locations, including troubleshooting hardware, standardized and proprietary software, telephones, mobile devices, VPN, printers, telephony, and network connectivity.
• Configure, deploy, and maintain Windows 10 desktop and laptop computers in an enterprise environment.
• Coordinate, troubleshoot and resolve incoming tickets, phone call and walk-up requests.
• Ensures priority support to senior leadership, including deadline driven or after-hours support as needed.
• Utilizes technical expertise and applicable company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
• Uses the IT Service Desk electronic ticketing system according to department procedures for the opening, closing, resolution, escalation, and tracking of user requests.
• Monitor queue regularly and dispense tickets to the applicable department or resource.
• Resolve 70% - 80% of all assigned tickets, and coordinates escalation to the appropriate Information Technology staff and/or vendor(s) for those requests that fall outside scope of assigned role.
• Manage user accounts, shared resources, and group memberships.
• Notify leadership of any changes within site that may cause a change in volume, escalation, major outage, server issue, major move, and/or staffing issue.
• Supports and maintains open, professional, and effective relationships with leadership, user community and peers.
• This position is located onsite during normal core business hours. Occasional remote work is available.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities, but may provide instructions, priorities and facilitate workload of interns or junior staff.