GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager provides leadership for manufacturing engineers and is responsible for their training and development. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager owns the creation, implementation and continuous improvement of the manufacturing methods and procedures. The ME Manager will directly improve program productivity, process reliability, and overall process flow through implementation of process improvements, tooling advances, in-process control programs, and effective work cell layout/design here at KUAS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures a safety focus on all processes.
- Manages the staff of Manufacturing Engineers to ensure proper training, adequate tools and continuous development.
- Provides technical guidance to Manufacturing Engineers and Production Specialists.
- Enables timely responses and continuous process improvement from Manufacturing Engineers to their assigned IPT.
- Manages efforts to develop and maintain systems for manufacturing processes of manufactured products.
- Develops and manages the program manufacturing instruction documentation.
- Manages the redesign of processes to improve throughput and manufacturing costs.
- Review assembly and test procedures, safety review of test processes, and design and implementation of test fixtures and tools.
- Ensures the use of Lean Manufacturing techniques to reduce waste and decrease manufacturing costs.
- Supports Human Resources functions of the manufacturing engineering group including training & development and performance appraisals.
- Leads manufacturing engineering process improvement efforts through analysis, development and implementation of change plans to improve the effectiveness and performance of manufacturing.
- Coordinates process and product changes as required by our Configuration Management System.
- Ensures effective use of material and tooling in producing quality products more effectively at minimum cost.
- Ensures compliance to the Quality Management System.
- Maintains contacts with inter-organizational and external representatives.
- May participate in briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning specific and/or organizational projects or operations.
Other Job Functions
Other duties may be assigned.
Supervises exempt staff of engineers and support staff, as applicable.