Kratos is looking for a Tax Senior Manager/Director in the San Diego, CA area.
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) develops and fields transformative, affordable technology, platforms, and systems for United States National Security related customers, allies, and commercial enterprises.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
Kratos offers medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and more.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Tax Director will manage Kratos’ tax activities. This role leads the daily tax operations and implementation of process and procedures to maintain an effective internal control environment that ensures all tax records are accurately prepared and timely.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Oversee all global direct and indirect taxes, including income, sales and use, property, and consumption-based taxes
• Ensure timely and accurate income tax, property tax and sales tax filings.
• Manage the preparation and review of annual and quarterly income tax provision calculation and all relevant SEC financial statement disclosures.
• Develop and implement strategic global tax planning.
• Conduct tax research and work on projects to optimize the Company’s access to and use of credits, deductions and exemptions that minimized tax burden and reduce the Company’s effective tax rate and cash taxes.
• Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the tax process.
• Manage relationships with external tax service providers and other consulting resources.
• Coordinate and review of transfer pricing reports and documentation, including annual requirements and review of new transactions.
• Assist with correspondence and management of all federal, state and international tax audits.
• Assist with tax related matters of M&A, treasury, and other initiatives or ad hoc projects, on an as needed basis.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.