Kratos is a leading supplier of communication solutions (RF, DSP, and digital) for US Government and commercial aerospace applications including satellites, UAVs, aircraft, tactical radios, waveforms, SATCOM terminal technologies, launch, operate, maintain, and assure communications superiority for critical aerospace missions. Our customers trust Kratos to solve their most difficult communications challenges.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, solve hard problems, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative aerospace solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer in our Chantilly, VA office. The successful candidate will work with the design and development teams as the technical authority for assigned projects. The Project Engineer supports the development and maintenance of the technical plan from project kick-off through closure of the contract. Responsible for tracking execution of technical scope as defined by the design authority, with a focus of maintaining cost and schedule goals. Facilities coordination of cross-functional engineering teams for internal engineering activities. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in RF, DSP and digital communications protocols.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead highly technical engineering teams on challenging projects and manage project technical baselines.
- Work directly with customers and Kratos engineers to perform requirements analysis/design trade-offs and develop solutions in accordance with system/product architectures.
- Coordinates the review, presentation, and release of design documentation to support requirements compliance, including Technical Interchange Meetings, Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews.
- Develop and deliver effective customer presentations (design reviews, status reports, kickoff meetings, test plans) demonstrating an ability to communicate comfortably at a system level
- Provides inputs for estimates to complete, reviews schedules, and coordinates with integrated product team (IPT) leads and program management office, as applicable.
- Deciphers technical contractual requirements and allocates them to the appropriate engineering teams.
- Assesses project technical risks and provides mitigation plans.
- Interface directly with customers to ensure project requirements are met and ensure our performance exceeds customer expectations
- Manages requirement traceability through verification, using tools such as a Requirements Verification Matrix.
- Work with program management to scope and estimate new efforts as needed.
- Travel 10% as necessary to attend conferences and customer meetings.