GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Budget Analyst supports a variety of accounting functions related to budgeting, forecasting, accounting controls, financial statement preparation, and ensuring the accuracy, timeliness, and correct classification of amounts recorded and reported here at KUAS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for updating and maintaining all financial models related to the development of the annual budget, quarterly forecasts and annual forecast rate proposals.
- Supports the development of company overhead rates and assists in monitoring actual to forecasted rates.
- Analyzes department spending against plan and ensures the accuracy, timeliness, and correct classification of amounts recorded and reported.
- Supports ensuring that the established accounting policies and procedures are adhered to on an ongoing basis, through assessment, review and audit.
- Assists in General Ledger accounting, prepares month end journal entries and cost reconciliations.
- Assists in all internal and external financial reporting (monthly, quarterly and annual reporting).
- Assists in research and response preparation for internal, external, and government audits.
Non-Essential Job Duties (formerly Other Job Functions)