Kratos is looking for a Senior Project Manager of Information Systems.
Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) develops and fields transformative, affordable technology, platforms, and systems for United States National Security related customers, allies, and commercial enterprises.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with discipline. We work hard, and take care of our customers, employees and families. Recognized as thought leaders in our industry, we are motivated by creating and delivering innovative solutions to our nation and global customers. We proactively build trusted relationships with our peers, partners and customers, and take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
Kratos offers medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance, 401(k) savings plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and more.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Project Manager of Information Systems will be responsible for the initial build out of the Program Management Office and then take on the responsibility of the day-to-day operations afterwards. The PMO will be a shared service between IT and Kratos business units with its primary responsibilities being;
• To help drive business application consolidation across Kratos and,
• To help drive business process standardization across Kratos
The ideal candidate for this position is organized, detail oriented, has great communication skills, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will need to apply these skills in a variety of areas including, but not limited to, business analysis, requirements definition, building test plans, coordinating and managing resources and stakeholders, setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring, summarizing and communicating the progress of assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Directs and oversees the Program Management Office
• Develops and implements PMO processes and policies
• Leads the analysis, selection, and roll-out of PMO tools that enable the integrated delivery model
• Leads the analysis, selection, and roll-out of various business application consolidation projects across multiple groups
• Ensures functional area deliverables are understood, cross-functionality aligned, and the execution of deliverables and timelines are on track
• Prepares regular, thorough, and articulate executive summaries for senior leadership on project and team performance
• Leads a team of Project Managers and Business Analysts
• Works with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects
• Communicates within IT team and across divisions as needed
• Prepares progress and budget reports for upper management
• Builds and maintains relationships with outside vendors
• Responsible for the mentorship, development, and growth of the PMO team
• Oversees projects to ensure expectations, timelines, and budgets are being met
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has supervisory responsibility.