GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Inventory Management Specialist is responsible for customer property and KUAS owned property management systems. The Inventory Management Specialist will coordinate with the Inventory Analyst and Material Control Supervisor to report and resolve system and inventory deficiencies. The Inventory Management Specialist will immediately report control, use, preservation, protection, and repair and maintenance deficiencies for customer and KUAS property. Completes movement, storage, release and delivery of property to work areas as well as performs data entry into a property management database.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure property management compliance to: Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), and any contract terms and conditions, when applicable.
- Immediately report loss of any customer owned property.
- Ensure all required recordkeeping is documented and appropriately stored and protected.
- Perform the tasks of receipt, transfer, relieve, ship and/or disposition of customer property.
- Report record and system inaccuracies for customer property.
- Identify and report deficiencies in procedures and work instructions.
- Performs cycle counts and inventory audits.
- Identifies property type (i.e. marking, labeling, stamping).
- Use of forklift, pallet jack, or other material handling equipment to move property (training will be provided, if required).
- Record and report tool/ equipment maintenance requirements for preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Record and report shelf life requirements.
- Properly secure and segregate excess property to prevent commingling.
- Performs customer property assessments to ensure system adequacy in respective FAR outcomes (i.e. acquisition, receipt & identification, maintenance, utilization, records, etc.).
- Completes system transactions and electronic record filing accurately and timely.
- Physically receives, counts, moves, and ships property accurately and timely.
- Perform self-assessments of “records to property” and “property to records” confirming the efficiencies of operations, accuracy of financial reporting, and protecting assets.
- Manage discrepancy reports.
- Maintains accountable records for items returned for: re-work, processing, or repair under warranty.
- Responsible for property sub-location control and accuracies.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting of customer and KUAS excess of scrap materials, tooling, and equipment that fall under the property control systems.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Other duties may be assigned