GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and staff support for the assigned department’s operations. Duties include general clerical tasks of a routine nature such as: filing, typing, data entry, interoffice mail routing/deliveries and duties of a non-routine nature that may be more complex in nature such as purchase order creation, correspondence preparation and management, generating standard database reports and special administrative/research projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Administrative Assistant All:
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Administrative Assistant. Each level of Administrative Assistant has additional duties and responsibilities listed.
1. Ensures discreet handling of all business and maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
2. Manages calendar events for department manager(s) and maintains shared department calendars.
3. Make copies, collate, bind and staple documents and reports, Organize and maintain appropriate filling system.
4. Runs routine database reports.
5. Prioritizes duties and works on several tasks simultaneously.
6. Updates and tracks delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines.
7. Format, compose, proofread and finalize internal and external correspondence including memos, letters, reports, manuals, procedures, presentations, bulletins and other workplace documents.
8. Handles a variety of administrative and special project responsibilities.
9. Reviews correspondence, documents, presentations, and reports prepared by others for readability, format, grammar, and spelling accuracy.
10. Facilitates meetings with external visitors, from communications in advance of visit through reception and departure from KUAS.
11. Assists in the coordination of work flow through staff.
12. Other duties and projects as assigned.
13. Completing/filling out paper work
14. Making transaction on the computer
15. Maintain inventory supplies / chemicals at mix stations
16. Updating daily work schedules
Administrative Assistant I
1. Performs some or all of the above duties under moderate supervision.
2. May be on department project teams supporting administrative tasks and maintaining action items list and meeting minutes.
3. Prepares monthly expense reports, ensuring accurate posting of expenses and tracking of reimbursements.
4. May cross train with higher level or other department Administrative personnel to provide back-up coverage for absences and/or peak work volumes.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
Other duties may be assigned