Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to interact appropriately with external parties when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
- Ability to communicate professionally in writing or verbally with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to dissect problems with vague symptoms and suggest solutions to management.
- Ability to perform root cause anaylsis to identify the root cause and casual factors of a problem.
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables and graphing.
- Ability to compile information and provide creative solutions to complex problems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum (2 years exp. or an equivalent combination of education and experience) at a company that designs and manufactures material, hardware, components and/or assemblies.
- Familiarity with “5 Whys” and other industry standard CA tools & methodologies.
- Experience performing Root Cause Anaylsis, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, and Plan-Do-Check-Act
- Experience processing or managing CA’s from identification through closure.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific, quality systems, or related discipline
- 1-3 years of related document control experience desirable
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office and/or manufacturing environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- May be exposed to possible shop hazards including high noise level, high pressure equipment, chemicals, and shop traffic.
- Employee may generate, handle, manage, or work around hazardous materials and hazardous wastes.
- 0-5% - May be required between KUAS locations