GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Maintaining, repairing and servicing plant equipment, buildings and facilities. Working on projects involving the construction of new buildings and facilities, also the alteration or modification of existing ones. Directs, coordinates, and performs activities concerned with the installation and maintenance of buildings, production and support equipment, and vehicles. Typical subordinate personnel includes maintenance technicians skilled in mechanical, electrical, and automation requirements
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains OEM manuals/information, equipment lists, equipment preventive maintenance schedules, records and routine maintenance records.
- Organizes and directs the activities of individuals and/or project teams in assigned functional areas.
- Establishes guidelines and procedures for assigned functional areas: maintenance, facilities, janitorial and contractors.
- Assigns work in accordance with schedules set by Facilities Manager.
- Involved in the day-to-day planning of departmental operations, developing methods, authorizing overtime and controlling costs.
- Performs short and long range planning for assigned functional area(s) and implements approved plans.
- Leads company’s safety and environmental compliance programs.
- Responds to emergencies and provides proactive programs for the protection of personnel, facilities, systems and equipment.
- Provides counsel, advice and training for all levels of personnel regarding security and plant operations.
- Assures that activities within defined scope are within defined scope are accomplished in accordance with KUAS policies, sound business practices and are in compliance with applicable regulations and requirements.
- Initiates disciplinary actions, evaluates performance, recommends wage actions, and hires new staff.
- EH&S, safety, maintenance, facilities, janitorial, HMEP
- Communicates effectively and efficiently; both written and verbal.
- Estimates, monitors, and executes project budgets and expenditures associated with maintenance and facilities programs.
Other Job Functions