GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Director, Production Operations is responsible for all areas of factory production operations in the fabrication, assembly, and test of training systems and unmanned tactical aircraft, target aircraft, support equipment, and tooling, while ensuring products are delivered on schedule and meet cost and quality objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures that the site production organization’s strategic plan, goals, and objectives are aligned with the KUAS Production Operations company and division strategic plan, goals, and objectives.
- Translates site strategy into measureable tactical plans and drives the business to successfully achieve near, mid, and long term goals.
- Manages a highly adaptive organization through participative leadership.
- Enables overall site growth through continued reduction in cost of goods sold, on time delivery, and exceptional product quality.
- Manufactures high technology products that conform to contractual and KUAS requirements for performance, reliability, and any special characteristics that may apply.
- Problem resolution through analysis, evaluation, and solution of technical problems encountered in the application of manufacturing methods, facilities, processes, material, and tooling incident to the fabrication and assembly of products.
- Manages department budgets; achieving site safety, cost, quality, and schedule objectives, and supporting program performance objectives of revenue and gross margin.
- Directs site functions to include: Manufacturing Engineering, Materials, Production Planning, Facility Management, and Employee Health and Safety program.
- Assures activities within defined scope are accomplished in accordance with KUAS policies, sound business practices, and are in compliance with applicable regulations and requirements.
- Manages the annual operating plan commitments for the site manufacturing operations organization.
- Develops, reviews, and approves annual department budgets, and short and long range manufacturing and facility planning.
- Represents the site operation in the community, interfacing with state and local entities.
- Conducts briefings and technical meetings for senior executive management and customer representatives at all levels.
- Provides estimating resources/support, as required, for proposal development activities and quote preparation.
- Fosters ethical conduct, practices, and personal integrity throughout the facility to ensure the Company’s ability to attract and retain customers in a highly competitive environment remains high.
Other Job Functions
- Other job related responsibilities as assigned.