Kratos Space is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. Kratos is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our customer’s communication systems through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us. We look forward to working with open, honest, caring and passionate individuals that want to bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills to help us continue to build a great company.
We have a great opportunity for an Assistant Controller in beautiful Colorado Springs, CO. This will be a hybrid location position working both on-site and remote.
• Financial reporting at both senior management and Corporate Accounting levels to include guidance and industry best practices
• Review of general ledger activities to include: Balance sheet reconciliations, monthly adjusting journal entries, intercompany transactions, commission process and accruals, bank reconciliations and involvement in parent company reporting package preparation and use of Corporate consolidation tool
• Other accounting management duties to include: Coordinating month-end and year-end reporting, Interface with Group and Corporate Controllers and group accounting staff, ensure compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley controls, understanding of governmental and tax laws that impact the company, lease accounting, participate in testing and upgrades for Costpoint accounting software, monitoring of compliance with existing accounting related policies and procedures, regular interface with both external and internal audit functions
• Supervision and guidance of general ledger accounting team Research and compliance with GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
• Report development within Cognos Query Studio, Microsoft BI, Longview
• Special projects related to integration and reporting of financial statements to parent company Kratos Corporation and other stakeholders
• Preparation of annual incurred cost submission and provisional indirect rate submissions to DCAA
• Providing monthly, quarterly and year-end analysis of financial statements