GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Provides integrated logistics support (ILS) for aerial target systems. Interfaces with Program Management and key customers with respect to Depot Level Source of Repair, supply support, support equipment, test equipment, facilities, packaging, handling, storage, transportation, and contract data requirement list (CDRL) generation and delivery. Overall goal of the individual is to ensure the system is affordable (lowest life cycle cost), operable, supported, and sustained through proactive execution of assigned duties here at KUAS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Logistics Specialist ALL
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Logistics Specialist. Each higher level of Logistics Specialist has additional duties and responsibilities listed.
- Supports development / update of training plans for new/existing platforms.
- Supports development / update of Technical Manuals / Technical Orders for new/existing platforms.
- Provides recommendations to Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) activities to ensure Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) activities are properly incorporated.
- Supports implementation of approved ECP CLS activities.
- Supports implementation of initial subcontractor repair contracts as required.
- Supports CLS Time and Material CLINs (e.g., out-of-warranty repair) as required.
- Generates program related correspondence and briefing material.
- Supports CDRL development and submittal.
- Possesses a demonstrated working knowledge of computer-based tools in the development of ILS documentation. (i.e. GOLD and SLIC)
- Supports program reviews and meetings.
- Fosters ethical conduct, practices, and personal integrity throughout KUAS to ensure KUAS’s ability to attract and retain customers in a highly competitive environment.
- Interacts with intra-organizational personnel concerning matters of significance to KUAS.
- Travels to forward logistics locations to provide guidance and support.
- Travels to new customer locations to support training or fielding as required.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Supports Contractor-Inventory Control Point (C-ICP), Contractor Supported Weapon System, and Department of Defense Air Logistics Center(s) item management functions.
Logistics Specialist II
In addition to the Logistics Specialist level I:
- Conducts supportability analysis to include development, analysis and review of Life Cycle Support documentation.
- Analyzes life-cycle maintenance and support requirements for all levels of maintenance.
- Reviews field support requirements, identifies shortfalls, and recommends solutions.
- Participates in provisioning analysis for development of initial spares and follow-on spares quantity recommendations for new/existing platforms.
- Develops performance metrics and support efforts involving one or more of the following disciplines: Maintenance Tasks, Provisioning, Technical Documentation and Supply Chain Management.
- Supports the Fielded Logistics Support Representative at the Sacramento location.
- Provides on-site logistics support for the end-user.
Logistics Specialist III
In addition to Logistics Specialist level I and II duties:
- Provides recommendations to statements of work for CLS contracts. Participates in negotiations and implementation of CLS contracts.
- Provides recommendations to Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) activities to ensure CLS activities are properly incorporated to include cost estimates to implement.
- Conducts proposal preparation and negotiation with the Logistics manager.
- Serves as the Logistics team lead and may serve as the acting Logistics manager as required.
Other Job Functions
- The Logistics Specialist III may be responsible for managing a portion of program budget.
- Accurately charges time spent on jobs.
- Timely completion of all Kratos/KUAS compliance training and any functional training identified by the Logistics Functional Manager.
- Other duties may be assigned to all levels
Level II/III – May serve as the warehouse manager or site logistics lead and train lower level Logistics Specialists.