GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Senior Vice President of Operations is responsible for management of the overall execution within the organization. The Senior Vice President of Operations provides overall leadership, direction, and guidance to the operational activities of the organization focused on execution of our contracts and internal projects, on-time delivery of compliant, high quality products (hard and soft), and with the ultimate objective of achieving the company goals; short-term, annual, and long term here at KUAS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The primary roles of the Senior Vice President of Operations fall into five broad categories:
Drive the successful performance and delivery of the organization – lead and drive execution across the programs and products development/production including.
Shape and develop the organization to support execution of the annual and longer term company plans.
Lead managers to evaluate and take actions that are consistent with your execution expectations.
Mentor direct reports and other personnel in the organization.
Challenge basic assumptions underlying each area’s operations.
Act as a sounding board for VPs, directors, managers.
Manage business unit’s performance against AOP goals.
Advise the Division President on strategic operations development and key corporate planning issues that relate and impact the operations of the company.
Determine resource allocation among areas.
Keep the Division President informed about business activities, performance, opportunities, and recommended courses of action.
Other Job Functions
- Manage organization operations by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives, and policies.
- Implement programs to ensure attainment of business plan for growth and profit.
- Provide direction and structure for operating departments.
- Implement improved processes and management methods to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization.
- Develop and create policies/processes/procedures aligned with organizational goals.
- Understand Financial Statements.
- Work with Vice President of Finance in preparing Annual Budgets.
- Represent the company to the customer community, government agencies and the public.
- Foster customer relationships.
- Understand company’s capabilities completely and accurately articulate the value that our expertise and products provide.
- Present and articulate clearly one on one, to small groups, and to large groups.
- Understand customers’ unique needs, business models, and contracting nuances to find competitive edge in proposal submittals and negotiations.
- Ensure the customer perspective is defined, maintained, developed, monitored, and communicated to senior staff (and internal teams, as applicable).
- Assure own and department personnel comply with company’s policies, sound business practices and compliance with applicable regulations and requirements.
- Conduct briefings for senior staff and customer and prospective customer representatives.
- Foster ethical conduct, practices, and personal integrity throughout company to ensure ability to attract and retain customers in a highly competitive environment.
- Travel to domestic and international locations as assigned.
The Senior Vice President of Operations directly supervises VPs, Directors, and Managers, including: