GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Designs and drafts components, assemblies and tooling, commensurate with level of experience here at KUAS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Designers. Each level of Designer has additional duties and responsibilities listed.
- Confers with design originator, appropriate engineering and other personnel in preparing and finalizing design concepts.
- Prepares preliminary sketches, models, or diagrams reflecting basic design concept.
- Using appropriate software, prepares sketches, models and/or complete detail and layout drawings from verbal or written instructions on products and/or equipment.
- Recommends changes or modifications as appropriate.
- Prepares and models final layout, detail and assembly drawings.
- Prepares, revises and processes the generation of the graphical portion of Engineering Change Notices for jobs.
- Works with engineering to identify problems with performance or tool life and recommends solutions or enhancements.
- Follows safety precautions.
- Ensures that the work area and equipment are kept clean.
- Complies with established QMS procedures.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Performs work of proficient complexity.
- Conducts basic calculations.
- Ensures that assigned design efforts achieve project objectives for scheduling, engineering output, and quality.
- May act liaison with engineering, suppliers, and customers.
- Creates methods to monitor and control key variables or characteristics on specific design projects and reports progress periodically.
- Supports business development efforts by preparing graphics for quotes and proposals.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
Other Job Functions
- Inside immediate department; works closely with Engineers and will receive instructions from appropriate engineering staff.
- Outside immediate department; occasional contact with production personnel as needed.
Outside of Company
- Interface with customers and suppliers as needed in the course of project execution; occasional travel to support sales in new business development and customer maintenance as determined by the Engineer responsible for the project.