GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Designs and drafts components, assemblies and tooling, commensurate with level of experience here at KUAS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Designers. Each level of Designer has additional duties and responsibilities listed.
- Confers with design originator, appropriate engineering and other personnel in preparing and finalizing design concepts.
- Prepares preliminary sketches, models, or diagrams reflecting basic design concept.
- Using appropriate software, prepares sketches, models and/or complete detail and layout drawings from verbal or written instructions on products and/or equipment.
- Recommends changes or modifications as appropriate.
- Prepares and models final layout, detail and assembly drawings.
- Prepares, revises and processes the generation of the graphical portion of Engineering Change Notices for jobs.
- Works with engineering to identify problems with performance or tool life and recommends solutions or enhancements.
- Follows safety precautions.
- Ensures that the work area and equipment are kept clean.
- Complies with established QMS procedures.
- Works under close to limited supervision.
- Performs work of mid-level complexity.
- Designs a wide variety of tools and aerospace structures consistent with standard tool configuration, including cutting and forming tools.
- Provides support in identifying and documenting design objectives. Issues design project instructions and controls changes to designs in compliance with established design procedures.
- Creates Reverse Engineering Models and Drawings.
- Translates models from one CAD system into another.
Other Job Functions
- Inside immediate department; works closely with Engineers and will receive instructions from appropriate engineering staff.
- Outside immediate department; occasional contact with production personnel as needed.
Outside of Company
- Interface with customers and suppliers as needed in the course of project execution; occasional travel to support sales in new business development and customer maintenance as determined by the Engineer responsible for the project.