GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Under direction of the lead structures engineer and/or the chief engineer, perform structural sizing and layout for a new or existing unmanned composite aircraft and related ground support equipment. Assignments will require experience with detailed analysis procedures, loads development, FEM analysis, PATRAN, layout sizing, structural integrity evaluations, composite materials allowable development, aeroelastic and dynamic evaluations, and weight. Basic thermal analysis using hand calculations, network analysis and/or FEM may be required here at KUAS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Mechanical/Structures Engineers. Each level of Mechanical/Structures Engineer has additional duties and responsibilities listed.
- Manages effort and time within the budget and schedule provided for the task.
- Understands customer requirements and prepares designs in accordance with customer and derived requirements.
- Prepares formal, controlled engineering documentation (i.e. drawings, specifications, parts lists, interface control documents, test procedures, etc.).
- Prepares and presents design review material in support of technical interchange meetings with suppliers and external/internal customers.
- Ensures customer satisfaction in relation to projects.
- Supports system testing, trouble shooting, and problem resolution.
- Supports flight testing, data reduction, analysis, and reporting.
- Prepares test plans and reports.
- Follows safety precautions.
- Ensures that the work area and equipment are kept clean.
- Complies with established QMS procedures.
Structural Analysis Engineer I
- Acts as the Structural Analysis Engineer per procedure for simple projects as assigned by Manager and/or Technical Lead.
Structural Analysis Engineer II
- Acts as the Structural Analysis Engineer per procedure for more complex projects as assigned by Manager and/or Technical Lead.
- Acts as Test Director for Mechanical/Structures sub-assemblies and assemblies when necessary.
- Mentors Level I Structural Analysis Engineers.
- Supports business development efforts both in preparation of quotes and proposals as well as sales efforts.
- Prepares and presents design review and technical interchange material to customers.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned