GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) is responsible for the management, direction, administration and development of security requirements for Special Access Programs (SAP). The CPSO will interface with government agencies regarding assigned program security matters and requirements and for those assigned to programs that have contractually imposed security requirements. The CPSO will administer and execute a strong security program in compliance with the Department of Defense Manual 5205.07 Vol 1-4; National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), NISPOM Supplement; ICD 705; Communications Security (COMSEC) Manual NSA/CSS 3-16, Director of National Intelligence (DNI), Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs) and associated corporate and government policies and directives. The CPSO may support multiple SAPS’.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform program security administrative tasks and duties i.e. filing, updating logs/lists, supplies, coordination with internal and external customers
- Maintain personnel security records for SAP/SAR/SCI related programs to include the use of SIMS, JPAS/DISS.
- Perform initial access eligibility determinations and create PARs and SCI nominations.
- Process incoming and outgoing classified visit certifications
- Conduct internal self-inspections and assist with Staff Assistance Visits and Customer Security Assessments
- Maintain classified material accountability records to include inventory lists, receipt and transmittal records and final disposition documentation
- Working knowledge in the preparation and maintenance of prime and subcontract DD254s
- Ensure all classified materials are marked and controlled in accordance with contractual requirements
- Review operational requirements and system specification documents to ensure applicable security requirements are addressed and incorporated into security processes
- Interpret and implement security classification guidance
- Assist in the development of OPSEC and Program Protection Plans (PPPs)
- Investigate and document security violations/incidents, providing recommendations for corrective actions to program personnel/management
- Develop and maintain the program's Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Attend, support and participate in program meetings, staff meetings, telecons, etc
- Respond to walk-in customers and perform ad hoc security services as required
- Maintain the program’s access control system
- Develop/maintain program Fixed Facility Checklists to establish/update classified work areas, including maintaining necessary waiver/approval records.
Security Education & Training
- Develop/conduct formal initial and recurring security education and training materials/events.
Cyber Security/Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Provide necessary support to Information Assurance team in the implementation and maintenance of classified information systems accredited under the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline, or equivalent education and work experience
- Knowledgeable of the DoD SAP Manuals Vol 1-4
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Must have DoD Top Secret clearance eligibility within 5 years of last investigation
- Must be willing work extended hours, in a fast paced/deadline driven environment in a variety of program areas
- Basic understanding of Cyber Security, specifically Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Ability to perform COMSEC duties including inventory and disposition
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Intermediate competency level with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment in a variety of program area
- Ability to solve problems of varying levels of complexity
Other Job Functions
- Must be able to attend off-site meetings with the customer or security representatives. Must be able to be part of FBI/DCSA counter intelligence meetings and groups.
- Other duties may be assigned