GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Inventory Clerk follows verbal instructions or reads work orders for movement, proper storage, release and delivery of materials, parts, components, and tooling to specific departments, as well as performs data entry into a material control database.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Inventory Clerk ALL
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Inventory Clerks. Each level of Inventory Clerk has additional duties and responsibilities listed.
- Stores and logs material within a storage facility using a forklift truck, hoist, or other material handling equipment.
- Releases and/or delivers materials, parts, components, tooling, etc. to production floor or departments as needed.
- Performs cycle counts and inventory audits.
- Enters receipt and issue of parts to jobs.
- Pulls, kits and expedites any material shortages.
- Responsible for cleaning work area and equipment.
- Follows all ISO and Safety procedures.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Inventory Clerk II
- Works under general supervision.
- Researches and reconciles inventory discrepancies.
- Responsible for training less skilled Inventory Clerks.
- Works with the Quality department to resolve Material Control problems.
Inventory Clerk III
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Responsible for training and providing e oversight of other inventory clerks.
- Responsible for specific functions within Material Control such as Government Property Control, Shelf Life Control, Tool Control, and Main Warehouse Control.
- Hazardous Materials Training
- Forklift Trainer
- Perform safety inspections and oversight support
- May be the delegated authority when department supervisor is on vacation or absent.
Other Job Functions