Kratos Space is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. Kratos is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our customer’s communication systems through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us.
We look forward to working with open, honest, caring and passionate individuals that want to bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills to help us continue to build a great company.
The Buyer-Commodity Specialist-Manager reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions. Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory in a cost effective and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Processes purchase requisitions, purchase change orders and requests for quotes to suppliers.
• Responsible for procurement business system data input and integrity; creates and maintains bills of material and parts/commodities numbers in supply chain management or other enterprise wide systems.
• Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
• Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
• Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
• Other job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the assigned duties, including computer skills.
• Maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by company and government requirements.
• Communicate and interact effectively with peers, supervisors, and public, including maintaining respect for others, and following company policies.
• Have a willingness and ability to learn and utilize company technology for company required purposes, including, for example training, reviewing and signing policies and procedures, benefits enrollment and changes, and more.
• Ability to read, understand, and follow instructions.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to maintain knowledge, skills, and abilities as it pertains to your job.